Thursday, 16 May 2013

Review: L'Occitane Lipstick

I have to admit that I am a total lipstick failure. It took me so long to be able to get the confidence to be able to wear any kind of lipstick, which probably sounds ridiculous. But most lipsticks seem to look terrible on me. With MUA having so many lipsticks for just £1 each, I was able to try a few different colours without spending much money at all - if I didn't like the colour it wouldn't matter if I just threw them away! But, I liked a few of the nude and pink shades and while I was feeling brave I purchased a nude L'Occitane lipstick and I absolutely love it! It has turned into one of my favourite products, and I very rarely go anywhere without it now. I love it because it's so moisturizing - it actually feels more like a balm to wear and my lips always feel so much better after wearing it.



This colour is called "Rose Sequins" which the L'Occitane website refers to as a "sequin pink" which I think is a great description of it as it comes out much more pink than it looks in the stick.


As you can see it's a lovely nude barely there shade which gives a lovely shine when caught in the right light, but it is by no means glossy or shimmery, which makes it perfect for daytime wear if you're a lipstick fiend. Even with my fear of lipstick, I feel comfortable and confident wearing this in the daytime because it is such a subtle and pretty colour, which gives just the right amount of coverage without looking over the top.

If you'd like to try it out for yourself, it'll cost you £12.50 and you can get hold of it here

No comments:

Post a Comment