Saturday, 22 June 2013

Nails of The Week: Barbara Daly

If you read my last post you will know what a crazy week I've had, and as you can guess, my nail polish collection is a little here, there and everywhere. I needed to do something with my nails as last week's polish was starting to look a little unkempt, but didn't want to do anything too crazy with the colour, as I have a job interview lined up for Tuesday. The closest nude shade I had to hand was this one - Barbara Daly for Tesco in Peach Satin.



I bought this one day when I was going through a real nude phase (I mean the colour, not literally being nude!!!) and I must say, it has disappointed me every time I've used it since. While I do love the colour, the quality is not up to scratch considering the price. You would usually consider supermarket brands to be cheap, but a 11ml bottle of this nail polish costs £6.

The Tesco website says this about the product:

Featuring gorgeous seasonal colours, Barbara Daly nail polish in peach satin offers smooth, shiny, non-streaky colour that gives your nails a flawless, glossy, creamy finish. Long lasting and durable, with a small brush that makes it easy to apply, Barbara Daly nail polish is the perfect way to fully coordinate your look.

I agree, it looks creamy, smooth and is a gorgeous colour but it is definitely not flawless or non streaky. My results were achieved with 3 thick coats of polish and one coat of sparkly top coat, but still, these 3 coats were not enough to make the nail look a flawless, all over colour. I think to achieve better results I would have needed 4 or possibly even 5 coats of colour before applying my top coat. We're all busy ladies, and I'm sure we're all thinking the same thing!


Sitting around for an hour unable to do anything while waiting for 4 or 5 coats of nail polish to dry just isn't worth it in my opinion. I do love this shade though so I will be looking for something in a similar peachy tone in a better quality brand. This is my first experience of Barbara Daly and I must say it's made me really hesitant to consider buying anything else from this line, it seems overpriced considering the quality is so shoddy. I have had better results from the £1 polish from the MUA line. Anyone out there a Barbara Daly fan? I'd love to hear your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment