Monday, 24 June 2013

Summer Eyes - Model's Prefer Cruise Collection

So, I haven't written a proper post in ages! Not one that's about makeup rather than nails anyway. I felt like messing around with my makeup today, so that's exactly what I did!

I tend to get scared about wearing different colours on my eyes, which I know is ridiculous, because brown eyes can carry off most coloured shadows very well. I suppose we can all get stuck in a beauty rut - always reaching for the same products over and over again. I've had a collection sitting in my makeup drawer for years never touched - it still had the protective plastic on it, so I thought now is the time to open it and have a play. I don't think this collection is still available to buy from the direct shops but there are some on ebay going cheap! Saying that, you could create this look using any two colours you wanted from any brand.

So, I used the Model's Prefer Cruise Collection eyeshadow quad.

I started by coating the whole lid with the green and blending all over, then I put the silver right in the inner corner and blended out. I then applied the dark purple, starting in the outer corner, and blending it across towards the middle of the eye. I put another coat of the green over the inner half of the lid, making sure to blend all the way across into the middle. All that was left was a coat of mascara and a quick application of Bare Minerals eyeliner in plum along the lower lash line.




I have tried to keep this look daytime friendly, but I think it'd look great as an evening look too. To achieve more of a colour pop I'd just layer up the colour more, bring the colour further out, and line the top and bottom lashes in a black liquid liner for a more dramatic evening eye.


P.S I'm sorry if these pictures look really orange! Since I've moved my camera seems to be making everything look like it's been dipped in tango... I'll have to get it sorted ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment